These wonderful examples of Staverton ephemera were kindly supplied by local resident Gwen Proudlock.
The Sports Day poster dates back to 1910, though which field the event was in remains a mystery. The booklet, commemorates the re-opening of the village church on 15th October 1910. Although the booklet states that the Lord Bishop of Peterborough is performing the re-opening the newspaper report states that the Bishop of Leicester actually performed the service (the Lord Bishop of Leicester was ill at the time).
The baptisim certificate from 1890 is for Effie Hancock, who by chance ‘presided at the organ’ at the re-opening ceremony in 1910. The Church Tower leaflet is from 1952 and shows that church appeals have a long history.